Do You Find Your Life To Be Constantly Stressful?
Are You Consumed By Fear And Worry?
Do Everyday Tasks And Interactions Cause You To Feel Exhausted?
Perhaps you can relate to one or more of the following symptoms of severe anxiety or panic attacks:
- An endless flood of stress hormones and emotional response.
- Reactions to stressors are drawn out and blown out of proportion.
- Shortness of breath.
- Racing pulse.
- Heart pounding.
And possibly you have experienced one or more of the following psychological disturbances associated with severe anxiety or panic attacks:
- Feeling emotionally and cognitively upset.
- A level of detachment or disconnected from reality or from your own body.
- Feeling as if your mind and emotions are scrambled.
- Impaired concentration.
- Racing thoughts.
- Mind chatter.
- Negative thoughts.
- Reduced logical thinking.
- The way you live and how you relate to other people are affected.
- School, career, love, and everyday life are disrupted.
- Poor coping skills, such as avoidance or aggression, shut down productivity and life satisfaction, leading to even more anxiety.
Understanding Extreme Anxiety, Panic Disorder, And Their Effects
Extreme anxiety symptoms and panic disorder are experienced as a result of your Autonomic Nervous System (ANS) being thrown off balance. The two branches of your ANS—The Sympathetic Branch and The Parasympathetic Branch—are reciprocal in nature. They work together to maintain homeostasis or balance, and when one is up, the other is down.
The Sympathetic Branch is similar to the gas pedal in your car, and prepares your body for action. When triggered by stressful or upsetting events, it can cause you to feel extreme anxiety symptoms and even a panic attack.
The Parasympathetic Branch is similar to the brake pedal in your car, and when engaged effectively, can help to alleviate anxiety symptoms, and can prevent or bring an end to a panic attack.
It’s Never Too Late To Resolve Severe Anxiety or Panic Disorder
If you can relate to any of the above feelings and experiences, you do not need to go on living this way. Severe anxiety symptoms or panic disorder are best addressed with the help of a trusted and experienced therapist. They can be treated successfully in a relatively short period of time, and without medication.
Anxiety And Panic Disorder Therapy With Me Can Help You To:
- Feel more relaxed in every area of your life.
- Let go of the constant anticipation of extreme anxiety and panic symptoms.
- Experience increased confidence and self-esteem.
- Feel free from the fear of an impending panic attack, and have a positive outlook on life.
- Say goodbye to compulsive behaviors.
- Experience more fulfilling and satisfying relationships.
- Become enthusiastic and newly energized about your life.
- Experience the world as a safe and friendly place.
- Feel the freedom to focus on your life goals with renewed passion and joy.
Take The First Step…
If you are ready to let go of the grip extreme anxiety symptoms or panic disorder has on your life, please call my voicemail at 805-375-5860, and let me know some good times to reach you. I will call you so we can discuss how we might work together to achieve your therapeutic goals as quickly and effectively as possible.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Linda K. Laffey, MFT